Do you have a vision for transforming your business, but aren’t ready for a huge, ‘big bang’ digital transformation project? Perhaps you’re already on the journey towards a digital workplace, and want to achieve a specific goal. Or maybe you’re considering replacing software like Office 2010 that’s falling out of support.
Whatever your need, CompanyNet’s ‘sprints’ – short, impactful Office 365 projects – can help you get there faster. Let our expert team help your organisation achieve real outcomes around Office 365 and the modern workplace without costing the earth. You’ll gain our insight and expertise, based on major Office 365 projects with organisations like the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), Mencap, Scottish Water and Tesco Bank.
What are sprints?
Sprints are short, fast-paced projects with defined outcomes that help you get closer to your goal of embracing new technologies and new ways of working. They offer a ‘low barrier to entry’, meaning you don’t have to justify the budget, time and effort required for a major transformation project.
Tailored to your situation, our sprints take into account what you’ve already achieved and the skills you already have in-house. Sprints let our experienced team focus on moving you forward a measurable distance, rather than covering old ground.
They’re discretely priced, too, making work easier to budget and gain approval for.
Discovery – the starting line
We start with ‘Sprint 0’ – a small, fixed-price, time-bound sprint to understand your organisation and its needs, and to agree parameters for further sprints. This creates confidence around pricing, and can be used to help you build a business case for further work.
A typical ‘sprint’ engagement
Once we’ve set a starting point, we will then agree a series of sprints with you. Because they’re packaged individually, sprints let you act flexibly. You might start out with one sprint, or three sprints, or five; you might decide to pause and take stock after a couple of sprints, or add more on when you see the impact of the first few.
Typically, each sprint focuses on getting a function or a team within your business, such as HR or Communications, up to speed with part of your digital workplace, and introducing new ways of working. Each sprint follows a standard model:
- Identify We can help you identify good candidates for early sprints to generate immediate buy-in, support and momentum from staff and stakeholders.
- Analyse Nobody wants to reinvent the wheel. On each sprint, we’ll help you discover existing content, information governance rules and the skills your team already has.
- Engage Sprints should be done with your staff, not ‘to’ them. Our team brings a friendly approach rooted in change management that ensures nobody feels left out.
- Train We’ll deliver training that equips your team with the knowledge and skills to move forward. That could mean training materials, in-person workshops, remote one-on-one training, or a combination of training styles.
- Migrate We’ll make sure familiar content and structures are properly migrated, so your team feels at home – and can put their new skills to work straight away.
- Support Once you’re over the finish line, we will create an online support environment where your team can ask questions and get answers not only from CompanyNet, but from each other. This stage ensures the changes are effective and lasting.
Our approach creates the perfect conditions for a smooth, happy transition to new technologies and new ways of working. It is built on our years of experience and solid change management principles, creating immediate and lasting user take-up.
Iterations spread the effect
Because sprints are iterative, each one will increase the impact of digital transformation on your organisation. As every sprint multiplies the learning, refinement and adoption of new ways of working, you’ll see a real boost in productivity make its way across your whole organisation.
Begin your own sprint
Our small, friendly team has some of the UK’s most experienced and knowledgeable experts in digital workplaces, new ways of working, and change management. We know the right questions to ask, and can provide the right tools to unlock the value of your licenses.
If you’d like to talk to us about how sprints can benefit your organisation, get in touch now.